GenCon 2015 Clan Meeting

Casual conversations about anything you want!
Kakita Onimaru
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: GenCon 2015 Clan Meeting

Postby Kakita Onimaru » Sat May 30, 2015 5:13 am

If you're having Crane problems I feel bad for you son,
I've got 99 problems but a duel ain't one!

MirumotoDaisuke
Shireikan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby MirumotoDaisuke » Sat May 30, 2015 8:14 am

Hey, if Spooky rep'd powder blue at a kotei, it counts.
Dragon Clan • Artisan • Friend to the Crane • Samurai • Conqueror • Duelist • Kensai

isawa_akei
Hohei

Postby isawa_akei » Sat May 30, 2015 10:01 am

Ok guys. So next plan? Where do you want to eat? Indy has a million places to eat. I would avoid something extremely expensive as it tends to push people out. At the same time I would avoid going to the mall food court or food trucks for super cheap.

The Rock Bottom seems to be a very popular location this year. Although if you are looking for some place unique this http://www.visitindy.com/indianapolis-w ... adedpage=8 is a fairly good guide to down town eating. Personally i might suggest something like Bucca de Beppo for a more family come together type feel. Or something more like the Webber for a bit more of a nice dinner feel. Or the Colts Grill if you want something a bit more easy and laid back. The Colts typically has a Gen Con themed menu and is open late so people would be able to sit and enjoy themselves after eating OR arrive later and still participate in the evening.

In either case I definitely suggest making your reservation sooner than later. When you do, if you can get me an estimate for number of guests, I am trying to organize some swag.
John AKey
L5R Community Organizer

Kakita Onimaru
Site Admin

Postby Kakita Onimaru » Sat May 30, 2015 10:05 am

Speaking from experience, it's always either Rock Bottom or the Ram. Perfect balance of price, quality, and accessibility. We've all tried other venues and it never seems to work out the same (even though personally I really like Colts).

I say Rock bottom, as last I checked they will let you reserve a table and the Ram doesn't.
If you're having Crane problems I feel bad for you son,
I've got 99 problems but a duel ain't one!

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Sat May 30, 2015 10:29 am

I've never been able to even get into the Ram. I might eat lunch there on Wednesday just to be able to say I've been there.
Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Asahina Dreamspoiler
Daimyo

Postby Asahina Dreamspoiler » Sat May 30, 2015 1:22 pm

Friday works for me, if I can get away from other things.
*I was Tonbo Kitai at Winter Court III*

Daidoji Tetsuo
Hohei

Postby Daidoji Tetsuo » Sat May 30, 2015 2:52 pm

This is my first post, but I am an active Crane player (both CCG and RPG). I have started attending Kotei, and I have done fairly well, with one top Crane finish so far. Anyway, I would love to attend the Crane meeting this year at GenCon. I just wanted to make sure I was included in whatever headcount is currently going on. Also if it doesn't conflict with their GenCon meeting, I have a Unicorn player who is active on their forums who would like to come along, maybe help cement this alliance we are working on.

Daidoji Reiji
Chui

Postby Daidoji Reiji » Sat May 30, 2015 2:57 pm

Friday will have to work for me as well then! :D
Crane Clan · Samurai · Yojimbo · Tactician

I was Ikoma Shinju at WC3, Daidoji Reiji at WC4
Top 8, Richmond VA Kotei 2015
Top 8, Charlotte NC Kotei 2015

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:40 am

Alright since there has not been any significant push-back against the Rock Bottom, we'll be holding it there. I'll make a reservation for...10? Last year it was just 6. Can we get a headcount?

Also most of the other clans have some sort of token attendance gift. I'm not really keen on stuff on principle but what sorts of things would people be interested in? So far, I've seen shot glasses, play mats, and deck boxes. I was thinking pins.
Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Martino
Taisa

Postby Martino » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:19 pm

Return to “General Discussion”