A Proposal: Alliance with the Unicorn

Casual conversations about anything you want!
Asahina Shimato
Chui
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: A Proposal: Alliance with the Unicorn

Postby Asahina Shimato » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:49 pm

By way of arming the peasants - I seem to recall that Crane have done such a thing with the invention of Mitsu-do. Might help to put that on the table.

Doji Pheelyp
Taisa
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Doji Pheelyp » Sun May 10, 2015 10:31 am

Now that our Paths have been released, work on making a proposal for an alliance with the Unicorn can be more productive.

Path 1 seems to indicate that we will lose much blood and resources, which calls into question whether we will have any surplus to offer our friends. The part about making alliances may provide room for us to demonstrate us opening up more to our peasants and showing them more compassion as part of our getting in good with the Unicorn, which they have stated they will be doing no matter what.

Path 2 has us cozying up with the darkness to be servants of Hell. Given the Unicorn's previous ties with the Spider, it's possible to see them doing this, but I doubt it would be appealing.

Path 3 has us fleeing to the Colonies to rebuild the Empire there. Working with the Unicorn here may mean they help us transport our people and our stuff, and contribute to flavoring the culture we would be preserving with their own unique perspectives and gaijin influences.

I personally prefer Path 1, as my soul recoils from the thought of serving evil, and fleeing the field to preserve kimonos and teacups makes no sense to me.
Courtier * Doji Innocent * Loyal

Daidoji Tacticus
Daimyo

Postby Daidoji Tacticus » Sun May 10, 2015 10:39 am

None of these Paths are going to pass muster as Alliance material for the Unicorn. They have been very clear that any alliance they make with another Clan must encompass saving the peasants, which none of these do. If we want to make some sort of alliance with the Unicorn - and I would like to see us do so - we need another option.

I wil get to work on that once I've slept. In the meantime - ideas, anyone?
Ceterum autem censeo Otomines esse delendam.

Player of Asahina Umeko at Winter Court IV

Doji Pheelyp
Taisa

Postby Doji Pheelyp » Sun May 10, 2015 11:34 am

Saving the peasantry means preserving the backbone of the Empire. A samurai can only go for so long on bushido alone before he dies of hunger.

Perhaps the Crane can focus on ensuring that everybody who fights the darkness have the resources to do so - food, weapons, transports, etc. We use our wealth and connections to make it all go smoothly, getting the other clans on board with our charms and savvy political skills long enough to make it work. This would involve taking care of the peasants, maybe even sharing Crane agricultural techniques to maximize bounty or work on less land. The Unicorn protect them, we train and manage them so their being protected translates into gains for the Empire.

Pros for this may be we get to demonstrate our alliance-building acumen, brandish our wealth, strengthen our economic foundation to rebuild after the darkness has passed and side ourselves clearly for all to see with Tengoku.
Cons could be that we may exhaust our wealth, the arts would suffer as everyone is focused on the war effort, and the other clans may resist our efforts at coordinating the flow of resources or resent our not being at the forefront of the fight.
Courtier * Doji Innocent * Loyal

Doji Satevis
Chui

Postby Doji Satevis » Sun May 10, 2015 3:53 pm

Asahina Shimato
Chui

Postby Asahina Shimato » Mon May 11, 2015 4:17 am

I really think we need to stay in our lands if we really want to make a difference in protecting our peasants. Plus it would leave us with more rice to smuggle out to the other clans. I don't know if that would be a feasible Alliance for the Unicorn if we would appear to support Kanpeki while undermining his rule, but that's the path I would prefer.

Moto Naranbaatar
Hohei

Postby Moto Naranbaatar » Mon May 11, 2015 10:02 pm

Hello friends of the Crane Clan.

Old Unicorn loyalist here, and eager to work with you guys!

Not all, but most of the Unicorn base in our forums (both the public and private sections) seem to be up for an alliance with the Crane. We're still discussing our alternative path, and I think we could try and list the most important and preferred ways to be taken by both player bases. From our side, it's not 100%, but putting it simple the Unicorn want to take Path 1 with allied support, while supporting the ally goals.

We still don't know what you're going after, but I hope we can align both clans' goals and start a powerful and interesting alliance!

Asahina Shimato
Chui

Postby Asahina Shimato » Mon May 11, 2015 10:08 pm

That is fantastic news. But your Path #1 doesn't actually specify alliance, right? And neither of our paths has the option to ally, even though that is a thing we do (Our path #1 does hint at facilitating inter-clan cooperation, but also says we would sacrifice political aspects of our clan.)

Soo... how do we make this work? Do both of our playerbases submit a custom path?

Daidoji Tacticus
Daimyo

Postby Daidoji Tacticus » Mon May 11, 2015 10:15 pm

Ceterum autem censeo Otomines esse delendam.

Player of Asahina Umeko at Winter Court IV

Kakita Kasukaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Kasukaru » Mon May 11, 2015 10:34 pm

This is very good news. It reinforces my feeling that we can create a strong fan-based path for the Crane Clan based on politics and diplomacy (our traditional strengths) even if we keep a rather militant approach otherwise.
Kakita Kasukaru
RPG mostly / French * Greece

Return to “General Discussion”