A Proposal: Alliance with the Unicorn

Casual conversations about anything you want!
Kakita Kasukaru
Taisa

Re: A Proposal: Alliance with the Unicorn

Postby Kakita Kasukaru » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:55 am

Extremely old, but we have a treaty with the Mountain Wind tribe, or what's left of it: http://l5r.wikia.com/wiki/Mountain_Wind and we might still be in contact with their Daughters of the Flame surviving leaders: http://l5r.wikia.com/wiki/Daughters_of_the_Flame
Kakita Kasukaru
RPG mostly / French * Greece

Martino
Taisa
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Martino » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:14 am

This is one of those situations where we really could use some help from the Story Team, as would most Clans, if we had more important characters out there. Though I think this does demonstrate one problem I have had:

Just because the Story Team talks about a character (Daidoji Tametaka), that doesn't mean any of their customers are going to think he's that important. If we can't sell the most-written Crane alive to another clan, then we need them to stop writing about him and start writing about characters that are true assets to the clan. And we especially could use a more fleshed-out family structure for our Champion and Daimyos.

Daidoji Tacticus
Daimyo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Daidoji Tacticus » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:16 am

I agree that knowing more about the family trees of our daimyos and Champion would be nice, but: I do not think the issue is that we lack sufficiently-appealing marriage candidates. It's that the Unicorn fanbase is not interested in seeing Naleesh marry, full stop. I don't think there's anything on our end that would change that.
Ceterum autem censeo Otomines esse delendam.

Player of Asahina Umeko at Winter Court IV

Dare
Daimyo

Postby Dare » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:21 am

I can't be bothered to read 6 pages of thread. If people are in agreement, before anyone tries to get story team to care about the thread, maybe a post on the Unicorn boards to see if they're even the slightest bit interested would be prudent. An alliance doesn't happen just cos you decide :P

Daidoji Tacticus
Daimyo

Postby Daidoji Tacticus » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:22 am

If you'd read any of those six pages, you would know that that post has been made, discussion is underway, and they are potentially interested.

Martino
Taisa

Postby Martino » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:27 am

I wonder why they don't want Naleesh to marry. Do they want the Shinjo to take over the clan again? That would be interesting.

Doji Satevis
Chui

Postby Doji Satevis » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:50 am

It was the political and resource support aspects that I had been trying to emphasize in my posts on the Unicorn forum, much as it is the underpinning of my initial floating of the idea here -- that is where the "well we have no idea what you could actually offer to us" began to come in. We really do need to see our own paths.

I never mentioned the marriage suggestion directly myself; but that was what was latched onto by the Unicorn posters instead of the primary aspects, I would assume after coming here and reading. It seems to have had a much more negative result than I had expected?

Martino
Taisa

Postby Martino » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:53 am

I guess they just don't understand the setting well enough to realize that dynastic succession is important to clan stability.

In related news, we gotta get Makoto married FAST.

Doji Satevis
Chui

Postby Doji Satevis » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:54 am

Daidoji Tacticus
Daimyo

Postby Daidoji Tacticus » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:00 am

Return to “General Discussion”