A Proposal: Alliance with the Unicorn

Casual conversations about anything you want!
Martino
Taisa

Re: A Proposal: Alliance with the Unicorn

Postby Martino » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:27 pm

I'm curious what their players think about marriage, if they would want to marry off Naleesh or if they would want to marry off someone else, and who among our people they actually like. I suppose they could choose for Shinjo Min-Hee to get married instead, which would be pretty cool.

Doji Satevis
Chui

Postby Doji Satevis » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:32 pm

Martino wrote:I'm curious what their players think about marriage, if they would want to marry off Naleesh or if they would want to marry off someone else, and who among our people they actually like. I suppose they could choose for Shinjo Min-Hee to get married instead, which would be pretty cool.

One of them told me (us?) to stop "shipping" their Clan Champion, but aside from that there was no comment.

The general gist of responses so far fall roughly into the categories of

- we are known allies and could/should be allied with again (one poster did note potential cultural benefits)
- focusing on the common folk needs to come first
- a belief that the Crane does not really have anything to bring to the table because what Story will allow us to have during/post-Onyx is unknown

A fair few of the Unicorn posters also are leaning towards the allies outside Rokugan route, which is eminently reasonable as a Unicorn choice but would certainly exclude we Crane *g*
"It does not matter if it takes me so long as they survive"

Doji Satevis
Chui

Postby Doji Satevis » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:33 pm

And their dedicated path #2 thread is here: http://www.unicornclan.com/forum/viewto ... f=2&t=2256

Daidoji Tacticus
Daimyo

Postby Daidoji Tacticus » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:35 pm

Unicorn seeking allies outside Rokugan would not exclude an alliance within Rokugan. It's an additional choice.

Regardless of which of the above paths you choose–or even if you choose a different, player-designed path–you will have another decision to make. Will you focus your efforts solely inside the Empire, or will you send forces to other lands, either as emissaries seeking alliances to help the Empire endure, or as conquerors trying to gain new resources?

(Emphasis mine.)
Ceterum autem censeo Otomines esse delendam.

Player of Asahina Umeko at Winter Court IV

Doji Satevis
Chui

Postby Doji Satevis » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:37 pm

Daidoji Tacticus wrote:Unicorn seeking allies outside Rokugan would not exclude an alliance within Rokugan. It's an additional choice.

Regardless of which of the above paths you choose–or even if you choose a different, player-designed path–you will have another decision to make. Will you focus your efforts solely inside the Empire, or will you send forces to other lands, either as emissaries seeking alliances to help the Empire endure, or as conquerors trying to gain new resources?

(Emphasis mine.)

Yes, but at least some of the posters there seem to be looking at it as an either/or thing; or possibly, would simply prefer to look outside the Empire.

Martino
Taisa

Postby Martino » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:48 pm

Well we might need some Story team assistance to set them straight that they could do both. Also, their hesitation at allying with us because they don't know what Story will LET US HAVE after Onyx is the exact reason why we NEED the Story Team to give us some official, explicit information that will allow us to pursue this.

Daidoji Tacticus
Daimyo

Postby Daidoji Tacticus » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:53 pm

Martino wrote:Well we might need some Story team assistance to set them straight that they could do both. Also, their hesitation at allying with us because they don't know what Story will LET US HAVE after Onyx is the exact reason why we NEED the Story Team to give us some official, explicit information that will allow us to pursue this.

I haven't seen anyone saying "we don't know if the Crane will be relevant after Onyx" - it's that their Alliance path involves supporting another Clan in the path they end up choosing, and they don't know what our paths will be yet, so how can they commit to that? Which is fair. I think, though, that it's worth making the case that we're looking for a mutually beneficial alliance here, not just asking the Unicorn to follow our lead.
Ceterum autem censeo Otomines esse delendam.

Player of Asahina Umeko at Winter Court IV

Doji Satevis
Chui

Postby Doji Satevis » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:53 pm

Martino wrote:Well we might need some Story team assistance to set them straight that they could do both. Also, their hesitation at allying with us because they don't know what Story will LET US HAVE after Onyx is the exact reason why we NEED the Story Team to give us some official, explicit information that will allow us to pursue this.

Given that the choices concern going into Onyx -- or so I've thought -- I confess to being a little confused over why post-Onyx is the greater concern for some.

I frankly will be surprised if there's any Clan not reeling or worse by the end of Onyx Edition, and samurai and peasantry both at that; the entire gist of my proposal is to try to maximize what Crane and Unicorn between them may preserve from the time Rokugan will literally be hell on earth.

Doji Satevis
Chui

Postby Doji Satevis » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:59 pm

Daidoji Tacticus wrote:

I haven't seen anyone saying "we don't know if the Crane will be relevant after Onyx" - it's that their Alliance path involves supporting another Clan in the path they end up choosing, and they don't know what our paths will be yet, so how can they commit to that? Which is fair. I think, though, that it's worth making the case that we're looking for a mutually beneficial alliance here, not just asking the Unicorn to follow our lead.

"After Onyx" was a poor word choice (apologies; I am running on little sleep at the moment), but Tobikawa here does bring up the question of, essentially, what could we possibly offer during Onyx itself: "I'm wary of assuming too much about the status of the Crane in a post-Kanpeki empire, though". Concern over any Clan's capabilities while Kanpeki wreaks havoc is certainly fair, but it could also be said about all Clans -- acting (in a general sense, not necessarily an alliance sense) anyway is something that will be needed if any Clan is to survive at all. It may be difficult, certainly, but the attempt should still be made.

... I am not making as much sense as I want to, I think, apologies >.>;;

Doji Makoto
Taisa

Postby Doji Makoto » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:37 pm

I hope that our paths will be posted as soon as possible. They are critical for our diplomatic efforts.
"I am sure this will be a most interesting year."

Return to “General Discussion”