The Left Hand's Path - Crane Story Paths

Casual conversations about anything you want!

Which of the will receive your vote?

Path 1 - To Do What We Must
38%
Path 2 - The Left Hand of the Emperor
17%
Path 3a - Salvation in the Colonies
6%
Path 3b - Salvation in Rokugan
38%

Total votes: 65

kakita_hoturi
Nikutai
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: The Left Hand's Path - Crane Story Paths

Postby kakita_hoturi » Sun May 10, 2015 12:35 pm

Those are hard choices...

For me, the best choice is the 1st path. We keep our honor and it will let me see what I always wanted to see... what will Rokugan become when the Crane is Gone

Daigotsu Takahide
Hohei
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Daigotsu Takahide » Sun May 10, 2015 12:45 pm

Shimizu, the main reason i believe kanpeki is untainted and will be so for atleast some time is that the light path has this line in it

'You may not be giving Kanpeki what he wants, but you will be giving him what he needs. In time, he will come to see the wisdom of this path. He will turn away from the abyss that ultimately claims all who try to deal with Jigoku, and will choose the way that leads to lasting power.'

The part about makeing him turn away from the abyss that claims all who try to deal with Jigoku, that to me suggest we can avoid him becoming tainted or am i reading to much into it?

Daidoji Maseru
Nikutai

Postby Daidoji Maseru » Sun May 10, 2015 12:45 pm

Here is an option. Will it be possible to choose elements of 1 and 3? Have the bulk of the Crane armies stay and fight the Spider and Jikoku while some key political people go to the colonies to establish control there for Crane interests, and accepting the advantages and consequences of both options? Could this be a viable 4th choice?
Case Lopez / Daidoji Maseru
Collector of Ujis
To Do What We Must

Ultimatecalibur
Gunso

Postby Ultimatecalibur » Sun May 10, 2015 12:46 pm

Option 1 comes off as "Lion in light blue" to me rather than Crane.

Option 2 comes off as the Left Hand position a lot of Crane players want to be in, but the position is "tainted" by who the new Emperor will be and how he came to power making it taste bad.

Option 3 sound very much like a weird joke.

Kakita Kasukaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Kasukaru » Sun May 10, 2015 1:03 pm

My answer on the main AEG forum :
http://www.alderac.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 0#p1469378

To develop a little bit, I would be interested in a fan based version of Option 3, let's call it Option 4. I believe that a much better way of resisting, would be in helping the other Clans that are trying to safeguard the "old Rokugan" in its different aspect. The Unicorns want to protect the heimin population: let's help them. The Dragons want to safeguard the Brotherhood of Shinsei, let's help them. The Phoenix wants to safeguards magical forces and items or the seals of Jigoku to stop hell on earth, let's help them. And if others have similar plans, they are welcome. In exchange for this political and economic, covert or open, support, we will ask them to help us save the arts, the culture and the laws of Rokugan. To do so, we will ask the Unicorn to help us with their caravans to bring pieces of art and poems and law books to the colonies safehouses. We will ask the Phoenix to magically protect them. We will ask the Mantis to ship stuff by sea. And so on.

I see this reflected by a kind of wandering magistrate theme in the CCG. Doji magistrates and their Kakita or Daidoji yojimbos would represent the law, with defensive decks of honorable actions: save this or that against the horde. Maybe with political actions with synergies with allied personalities (like Kinaro and his Crane friend in Denton's story)? It wouldn't be really militaristic, but solidly defensive.
Kakita Kasukaru
RPG mostly / French * Greece

AEG_Ukyo
Hohei

Postby AEG_Ukyo » Sun May 10, 2015 1:06 pm

Legend of the Five Rings Brand Lead * Alderac Entertainment Group

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Sun May 10, 2015 1:13 pm

The only nonstarter for me is fleeing. It's bad enough the Crane Clan and it's players get branded with a bad rep for liking Honor decks, but to have an entire arc where all we do is funnel stuff to the Colonies is unacceptable.

Both A and B promise compelling storytelling, but I'm having (good) issues trying to decide which of the two paths I want to see us go down.
Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Daidoji Maseru
Nikutai

Postby Daidoji Maseru » Sun May 10, 2015 1:19 pm

Kasukaru, I understand where you are going with your idea, but the problem is that if we move forward with that concept, I think we may be losing our 'identity' and be regulated as simply 'The Helpers', assisting the other clans on their quests but without any focus of our own. This will be a time of great crisis for Rokugan and I think we should rely on ourselves and our honor rather than speculating on what other clans may do (further down the road I am more than for allying with like-minded clans, but it may be too soon to count on it now). Personally I think option 1 is closest to what you ultimately wish as it is fighting for the preservation of "Old Rokugan".
Case Lopez / Daidoji Maseru
Collector of Ujis
To Do What We Must

Kakita Kasukaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Kasukaru » Sun May 10, 2015 1:26 pm

Tacticus and Makoto sama, please feel free to contact me directly for discussions on our Option 4 / fan based path. I believe that our ideas are extremely close, if not identical (mixing elements of option 1 and 3 to get something more in line with our idea of a honourable Clan).

Also just to be clear, Maseru-sama, failing to make such a fan based option work, my fall back option would be 1, because it is the only honourable one. But I'd rather that it means military dueling and/or magistrate control rather than pure Daidoji Iron Cranes. I remember in Celestial, there was a fun type of deck based on Daidoji scouts which was honoring out slowly but with loads of battle actions. That would work for me too, as some kind of last resort.
Kakita Kasukaru
RPG mostly / French * Greece

Doji Pheelyp
Taisa

Postby Doji Pheelyp » Sun May 10, 2015 1:28 pm

Courtier * Doji Innocent * Loyal

Return to “General Discussion”