The Left Hand's Path - Crane Story Paths

Casual conversations about anything you want!

Which of the will receive your vote?

Path 1 - To Do What We Must
38%
Path 2 - The Left Hand of the Emperor
17%
Path 3a - Salvation in the Colonies
6%
Path 3b - Salvation in Rokugan
38%

Total votes: 65

AEG_Ukyo
Hohei
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: The Left Hand's Path - Crane Story Paths

Postby AEG_Ukyo » Sun May 10, 2015 11:20 am

There'll be a two-part article going up (first part probably later today) that will spell out the requirements for player-generated paths. As for deadlines, we'll be making those clear this coming week, once we've got the last of the path choices up.
Legend of the Five Rings Brand Lead * Alderac Entertainment Group

Doji Makoto
Taisa
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Doji Makoto » Sun May 10, 2015 11:41 am

I agree with Tacticus. I don't like any of the default paths.
1: We are not Crabs. I really want political decks, not military.
2: Good... But I don't want to end on sinking (and it will sink, as far as I can tell) Jigoku ship.
3: Meh... I don't know... It could ve better.

We will create our own path, with blackjack and hookers! (I wanted to write this since the first paths were revealed :D )
"I am sure this will be a most interesting year."

Doji Pheelyp
Taisa

Postby Doji Pheelyp » Sun May 10, 2015 11:42 am

Thank you for clarifying that, Ukyo.

Here's another one: What can you share about the process of how these paths were developed?
Courtier * Doji Innocent * Loyal

Doji Pheelyp
Taisa

Postby Doji Pheelyp » Sun May 10, 2015 11:44 am

Taking Tacticus' points into consideration and gunning for the alliance with the Unicorn, here are my ideas for our alternative path:

Saving the peasantry means preserving the backbone of the Empire. A samurai can only go for so long on bushido alone before he dies of hunger.

Perhaps the Crane can focus on ensuring that everybody who fights the darkness have the resources to do so - food, weapons, transports, etc. We use our wealth and connections to make it all go smoothly, getting the other clans on board with our charms and savvy political skills long enough to make it work. This would involve taking care of the peasants, maybe even sharing Crane agricultural techniques to maximize bounty or work on less land. The Unicorn protect them, we train and manage them so their being protected translates into gains for the Empire.

Pros for this may be we get to demonstrate our alliance-building acumen, brandish our wealth, reinforce the economic foundation of the Empire to help it rebuild after the darkness has passed and side ourselves clearly for all to see with Tengoku.
Cons could be that we may exhaust our wealth, the arts would suffer as everyone is focused on the war effort, and the other clans may resist our efforts at coordinating the flow of resources or resent our not being at the forefront of the fight.
Last edited by Doji Pheelyp on Sun May 10, 2015 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AsahinaD
Nikutai

Postby AsahinaD » Sun May 10, 2015 12:03 pm

I hated our Path 2. I want it badly, but in the current dynasty. We are the Left hand, not scouts or cowards running to the Colonies. We can stay in the Empire and be the Left hand, the rest of the clans need. Exchange favors, calm the warrior's minds with wordeful art and all these things that we do, but not for Daigotsu. We could send special units of duelists as far as war has to do. Be what Iweko asked us to be in the last time the Empire was in danger during the Destroyer's War.

"Crane and Scorpion must maintain the Empire even as it threatened to fall apart, favoring the encouragement of others." That was the last time we were given straight commands and since the next time Satsu talked for Her, we were not mentioned, now we know why. We keep having the same mission as she knew that the day would come, when we would be the necessary glue that would keep the Empire stuck together to face the forces of Jigoku once again. She knew then, will we obey now?

Path 4, Left Hand of the Iweko Dynasty

Daidoji Maseru
Nikutai

Postby Daidoji Maseru » Sun May 10, 2015 12:07 pm

To my understanding, these are simply the first step on the path and that there is yet a long journey, regardless what path we choose to take. Storyline wise, I strongly feel that the first choice is our only choice to preserve what it truly means to be Crane. It also sets us up for the long game of coming out with the Emperor's favor (as well as the respect of the other clans) if Jigoku is defeated. As for CCG wise, I read the first 4 words of the article, Doji Domotai's quote "Honor is my strength". To me, this has switch deck possibilities written all over it, not just Military ones. The 'warrior poet' style. It has always been my personal philosophy that 'Crane will always be Crane', meaning that as long as you do not screw yourself over (IE playing Shadowlands cards) the Honor option will always be there for us. I personally interpret the focusing more on military means rather than political ones is more of a step away from traditional honor rockets but not giving up the control that we have often employed. Any way you slice it, it will be an interesting story, I just feel that the first option is best for the identity of the clan, for our honor.
Case Lopez / Daidoji Maseru
Collector of Ujis
To Do What We Must

Daigotsu Takahide
Hohei

Postby Daigotsu Takahide » Sun May 10, 2015 12:16 pm

Two small points on option 2

1: kanpeki isnt currently tainted
Which leads to
2: there are those of us who are trying to keep him away from that cliff and any support would strengthen our arguments that the spider don't need to drown ourselves in taint

A minor point on 3 that amuses me

The Crane would ship/transport art, people, assets, culture etc etc from rokugan(that the spider is 'invading') to the colonies that most spiders consider their...home O.o
Last edited by Daigotsu Takahide on Sun May 10, 2015 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doji Pheelyp
Taisa

Postby Doji Pheelyp » Sun May 10, 2015 12:22 pm

To clarify, how would the Crane agreeing to be Kanpeki's Left Hand contribute to his keeping himself untainted? If we do not fill up his bureaucracy, will he, for example, use oni instead? If we DO staff his administration, would he be edified to stay pure by sheer proximity to our honor?

Daigotsu Takahide
Hohei

Postby Daigotsu Takahide » Sun May 10, 2015 12:28 pm

Point two is more an player argument since(my apologies for not making that clear)

If the light side has a fair number tho it could potentially help on a future path choice to have the Crane as a guiding light in our corner(if him becomining tainted ends up a choice due to split numbers)

Admittedly if one of the dark choices gains a big advantage in votes things get more iffy(i want to avoid that at all costs)

Kakita Shimizu
Hohei

Postby Kakita Shimizu » Sun May 10, 2015 12:35 pm

Return to “General Discussion”