So...it's been a while...

Casual conversations about anything you want!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
KakitaKaori
Shireikan

So...it's been a while...

Postby KakitaKaori » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:03 pm

Hi...

I thought I'd start a new thread to see if I could get some help bringing myself up to date. I've finally managed to get through about 3 years of updates on the L5R site, and read a lot of the official fictions. I *think* I have an idea of what is going on right now in the storyline, or what is about to be.

I've also copied the rest of the stories I've had in my archives and on my hard drive onto my website at http://craneclan.weebly.com/. Some are mine, some are from friends. Some are pretty funny.

I thought I'd try to bring a young samurai-ko up to date, and introduce her when Onyx begins but I did have some questions. I'd appreciate any guidance that's available, but it may be that that question hasn't been answered yet.

1) How long is the gap between Twenty Festivals/Thunderous Acclaim and Onyx?
2) How long (about) has it been since, say, the 4 Winds and Twenty Festivals?
3) We've seen the story for Onyx begin, obviously, in Thunderous Acclaim. It sounds like we may start in the middle of a time of great tribulation once the time jump occurs, rather than watch everything go downhill. I could be incorrect in my understanding of this. If this is the case, though, when will the timejump occur in the fictions, etc, in real time? Around Christmas, or more into the spring this year?

Thank you for any help you can provide. Somewhere, long ago, there was a gorgeous story about a Crane evading a Tsuruchi bounty hunter that I'm trying to find, after a time when the Clan has been shattered. I think it's a good one to remember and think about for Onyx...if only I can find it again. Let me know if you remember it!

Good stories come from great tribulation, and the best heroes aren't the ones who want to be...but the ones that have to be. I'm looking forward to it.

Kakita Kaori
Golden Petal Village
Kakita Kaori
Kenshinzen of Golden Petal Village and overly prolific fiction writer
http://craneclan.weebly.com/
[Kakita Kyoumi/WC5]

Himoto
Gunso
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: So...it's been a while...

Postby Himoto » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:09 pm

I don't know much about the Onyx timejump and events, so I can't really help you there. But regarding Four Winds to Twenty Festivals, the Four Winds era began (in-game) in 1158, ended in 1169, and it's now 1200, so about 31-42 years depending on which point of the Four Winds era you're looking at.

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:15 pm

It's too speculative. However, I've heard numbers such as 5-10 years bandied about.
Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Asahina Dreamspoiler
Daimyo

Postby Asahina Dreamspoiler » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:05 pm

It was stated , that the time jump will most likely not happen until after Onyx (the set) and that it is not certain when or how long of a jump it will be.
*I was Tonbo Kitai at Winter Court III*

KakitaKaori
Shireikan

Postby KakitaKaori » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:17 am

Thank you...that was very helpful.
Kakita Kaori
[Kakita Kyoumi/WC5]

Doji Yoshi
Hatamoto

Postby Doji Yoshi » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:19 am

Crane Clan * Hatamoto No.1 * Villain

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:21 am

Here's to a glorious death!
Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Doji Yoshi
Hatamoto

Postby Doji Yoshi » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:19 pm

Crane Clan * Hatamoto No.1 * Villain

Martino
Taisa

Postby Martino » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:41 am

The time jump about to happen has been described as one generation, so my guess would be 15-20 years. I have heard that the time jump will occur with the first or second post-Onyx set, so probably by the end of the summer.

We are approximately 40 years past the death of Toturi.

KakitaKaori
Shireikan

Postby KakitaKaori » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:07 am

:bow:
A grateful bow to my clanmates and to the ideals of the Crane. I've got a story or two cooking, but they aren't very good yet.

Kakita Kaori
Golden Petal Village.
Kakita Kaori
[Kakita Kyoumi/WC5]

Return to “General Discussion”