L5R Speculation in 2017

Casual conversations about anything you want!
Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Re: L5R Speculation in 2017

Postby Kakita Shiro » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:52 am

I wouldn't mind a fast-forward to a fresh segment of Rokugani history.
Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Doji Pheelyp
Taisa
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Doji Pheelyp » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:00 am

I definitely would like the story to continue uninterrupted.
Courtier * Doji Innocent * Loyal

Doji Satevis
Chui
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Doji Satevis » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:53 am

A fast-forward, or for FFG to clear the field and build anew on the framework of the setting would be my choices.

Doji Honshingen
Chui

Postby Doji Honshingen » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:10 am

I think that the story should be streamlined, like it was announced (something like a few characters of each Clan will have most of the story-time). And a refreshment also wouldn't hurt ;)
But the thing I am most interested about is how Dueling might be changed. It's the aspect I like the most about our Clan, and the last incarnation (with all those 3c Duelists who cannot challenge any of those 4+ Chi guys...) felt rather unfitting.
Soul of Doji Honshi

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:28 am

Interestingly enough, there's a discussion on Dueling going on right now on the FFG forum.
Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Corbeau
Nikutai

Postby Corbeau » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:59 am

Kakita Isao
Gunso

Postby Kakita Isao » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:39 pm

Samurai • Duelist • Tattooed • Unique

Dare
Daimyo

Postby Dare » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:17 am

Corbeau
Nikutai

Postby Corbeau » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:53 am

Ah. IIRC the previous site owner was John, wasn't he? Wasn't sure if it was a case of wrong name or wrong former admin. :lol: It has indeed been a while...

Anyway, I'm almost certain to play the L5R LCG. For years I've been telling anyone I could find who was associated with L5R in any way, shape, or form, that I wished L5R would switch to an LCG format. It's everything that I want from the CCG (deck construction, ever shifting format), yet dumps everything that I don't want (the external card trading/collecting metagame).

Tetsuro
Gunso

Postby Tetsuro » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:32 am

Martino's pretty right on about the biggest issue being that LCGs have a way smaller pool of cards than what people who play the L5R CCG have been used to. This will probably by necessity require either not having all the Clans represented initially, and/or really 'streamlining' the Clans to their core essences (ie Crane will most likely be "the Political Clan" if only because Scorpion have ninjas and in a samurai fantasy game you want to be able to market the "Ninja Faction").

FFG has been very open and forthright in that they intend to make significant mechanical changes to the game, to the point where cards from 'classic' L5R will in no way be compatible with the new game. In some ways I envy that they can make changes without having to worry about invalidating 20 years of previous sets for all the players who prefer to play in older formats. :D
Jeremy Sumerlin
L5R CCG Design Team, 2012-2015

Return to “General Discussion”