Kubo and the Two Strings

Casual conversations about anything you want!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
KakitaKaori
Shireikan

Kubo and the Two Strings

Postby KakitaKaori » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:00 am

I got the opportunity to see Kubo and the Two Strings this weekend. It was beautifully animated and very enjoyable. It was not something with characters that easily fall into one clan's description or another clans description. It was more 'mythic' in scope...regular people/humans (samurai and commoners) vs. the Moon.

However, thematically, it is very, very Crane in its philosophy, talking about the importance of memory, using art, and storytelling, to retain and share memory, and transforming enemies into friends by shaping their stories using art and story. Not to mention all the origami. With the focus on ancestors, there is also a very strong case for Lion/Ikoma as very much enjoying this story, and both Crane/Kakita and Lion/Ikoma would use such a story to teach their kids the importance of what they do, I think.

In any event, just a fine, enjoyable movie, very mature in subject matter and pretty in style. Definitely worth catching if you can.
Kakita Kaori
Kenshinzen of Golden Petal Village and overly prolific fiction writer
http://craneclan.weebly.com/
[Kakita Kyoumi/WC5]

Kakita Onimaru
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Kubo and the Two Strings

Postby Kakita Onimaru » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:28 am

I really want to make time to see it this week and share my thoughts!
If you're having Crane problems I feel bad for you son,
I've got 99 problems but a duel ain't one!

KakitaKaori
Shireikan

Postby KakitaKaori » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:13 am

Saw it again this weekend...we thought it was that good, and I wanted to share it with my husband. Still good! Did anyone else get a chance to see it?
Kakita Kaori
Kenshinzen of Golden Petal Village and overly prolific fiction writer
http://craneclan.weebly.com/
[Kakita Kyoumi/WC5]

Doji Pheelyp
Taisa

Postby Doji Pheelyp » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:57 am

It showed for a grand total of two days here in Manila. I regret missing it. :(
Courtier * Doji Innocent * Loyal

Return to “General Discussion”