Spring 2015 Kotei Fiction - Day 5

For discussions on official fictions and fan-fictions alike.
Ultimatecalibur
Gunso
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Spring 2015 Kotei Fiction - Day 5

Postby Ultimatecalibur » Fri May 15, 2015 3:42 pm

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Fri May 15, 2015 4:23 pm

We sent it back from whence it came, but are forever changed by the experience.
Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

MirumotoDaisuke
Shireikan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby MirumotoDaisuke » Fri May 15, 2015 4:46 pm

With the Mantis soon to be out of the picture, the Crane will likely have to bear the brunt of any attacks from the sea, unless the Crab + Mantis remnants step their activity in the Sea of Shadows.
Dragon Clan • Artisan • Friend to the Crane • Samurai • Conqueror • Duelist • Kensai

Doji Azai
Chui

Postby Doji Azai » Fri May 15, 2015 9:43 pm

C Thomas Hand
L5R Story Team (2015-2016)

Daidoji Tacticus
Daimyo

Postby Daidoji Tacticus » Sat May 16, 2015 12:41 am

Since I was pretty negative about the last two Crane Kotei fictions, I feel I should say - I liked this :) I particularly liked seeing Makoto show a side that we haven't seen before. And I'm very curious what's up with those kids... "But no mothers." Did their mothers die in this attack? (I kind of hope not - I would find it more interesting if Makoto's distress was just at the sight of his lands and vassals being attacked like this, rather than needing his own family to be hit - but that feels like the implication to me.) Very interested to know more.
Ceterum autem censeo Otomines esse delendam.

Player of Asahina Umeko at Winter Court IV

Doji Azai
Chui

Postby Doji Azai » Sat May 16, 2015 12:52 am

Families DID die in the attack, but not Makoto's.

Apologies for this, but it is a matter of not knowing which fictions will be worked up for the public before others. You WILL see some direct information on Makoto et al in the Crane Clan Letter as soon as it is out. :D
C Thomas Hand
L5R Story Team (2015-2016)

Kakita Mitsuhide
Gunso

Postby Kakita Mitsuhide » Sat May 16, 2015 3:32 am

Zaitoichi
Nikutai

Postby Zaitoichi » Sat May 16, 2015 8:58 am

Great stuff! I am very happy to see Akeha in action and I can't wait to know more on the next generation of the Champion's line. Speaking of the menace from the sea, I wonder what could be the meaning of the final sentence of this fiction:

“Our lives unfolded beneath a flimsy veil of peace, as if we could sense this was a time of change. As fish swimming blindly in the stream, we could only sense what lay ahead of us in the winding currents of time. As we bickered and grabbed and mobilized, laying our stones across the board, our backs were towards our true opponent, the true threat. May our children forgive us. We were doing exactly as it wanted…”

It sounds like this incursion was only a diversion. In any event, I might need to watch Pacific Rim another time to have an idea of the beast? ;)

Doji Makoto
Taisa

Postby Doji Makoto » Sat May 16, 2015 11:01 am

"I am sure this will be a most interesting year."

kakita_hoturi
Nikutai

Postby kakita_hoturi » Sat May 16, 2015 7:11 pm

getting a dark knight vibe here... great story and great characterization of our champs "batman-ish" side

Return to “Fiction”