[TF] The Esteemed Palace of the Crane (Stronghold)

46%
39%
15%
No votes

Total votes: 46

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Re: Ivory 2 "20 Festivals" SH Previewed at worlds (Plus)

Postby Kakita Shiro » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:43 pm

Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Kakita Shimizu
Hohei
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kakita Shimizu » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:28 pm

I'm relatively new to L5R (started with Ivory), but the new Crane stronghold seems a bit underwhelming, especially considering what the Ivory one was pre-errata. I guess it's a PPG that can produce 4 gold instead if you have a personality in play, but considering how a lot of clans got minor/major buffs (Lion, Spider), this seems disappointing. Hopefully we get another great sensei or two though, or another Soken-style card to let us be able to afford to bow the stronghold.

Doji Kuribe
Nikutai
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Doji Kuribe » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:16 pm

They said they wanted to reinforce the Clane themes with the new set. Crane has always had an honor theme, and there isn't much clearer a way to reinforce that than having a stronghold that produces honor directly. I like it. The ability is situational at best after the errata. Military Crane only cares about pre-Dynasty gold to make followers cheaper. Personally I don't run many expensive ones. I guess it's maybe nice to use a Marketplace for a follower instead of a Bountiful Fields, but whatever.

Now if I have a sensei that removes stronghold abilities I don't care about losing it unless I'm running honor.

Also, Kolat Informant now has previews of all the strongholds with art.

Asahina Akinori
Nikutai

Postby Asahina Akinori » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:31 pm

Kakita Shimizu
Hohei

Postby Kakita Shimizu » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:00 am

That's true, without a doubt. It just feels a bit underwhelming is all, though I'm hoping I'm just bad at evaluating cards.

Doji Honshingen
Chui

Postby Doji Honshingen » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:50 am

I like that our new SH no longer forces you to play all those rather meh honor holdings, that gives you a lot more freedom for deckbuilding.
Soul of Doji Honshi

Kakita Kire
Hohei

Postby Kakita Kire » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:49 am

They are up on IA now as well. I like it!
Crane Clan • Duelist • Go Dan • Naval • Poet • Tea Master

aka thecameronin

chameshi.nampa
Hohei

Postby chameshi.nampa » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:59 am

Am disappointed as I mainly play military. The current SH is more versatile. I liked having the choice of going either military or honor. Now I feel I need to honor run to make use of the SH ability as it does nothing towards a military win. It would just be a blank SH for military, unless a new military themed sensei is released for Crane.

Togashi Shintaro
Hohei

Postby Togashi Shintaro » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:18 am

As an old time L5R player (I started in Emerald Edition), the new stronghold is undoubtedly a return to our roots. They only changed one word of the title, else it would be a MRP of The Esteemed House of the Crane. That part pleases me. I do enjoy Crane military, however, and hope that it remains a viable option.

Kakita Ijiwaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Ijiwaru » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:39 am

I like it, more thematic. Our top tier deck should be honor.

Return to “Twenty Festivals”