2015 Fall Kotei Season: The Embrace of Oblivion

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Re: 2015 Fall Kotei Season: The Embrace of Oblivion

Postby Kakita Shiro » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:55 am

Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Daidoji Tacticus
Daimyo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Daidoji Tacticus » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:20 am

It's not Seiken's opinion I'm worried about, necessarily, it's whoever comes after him, and whoever comes after that. Rokugan has a long memory.
Ceterum autem censeo Otomines esse delendam.

Player of Asahina Umeko at Winter Court IV

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:43 am

Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Daidoji Tacticus
Daimyo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Daidoji Tacticus » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:45 am

I don't recall pushing for us to be saving non-Cranes :P I just want us, if we're going to kill people, to choose targets that benefit us more than "take THAT, person occupying an office that we covet but don't have!" Which is to say, the two people keeping the Otomo family from devouring itself like the pit of snakes that it is.
Ceterum autem censeo Otomines esse delendam.

Player of Asahina Umeko at Winter Court IV

Kakita Ijiwaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Ijiwaru » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:15 pm

We did a pretty good job of making honorable choices in the first half. Besides the lion standard being somewhat irrational -though I definitely enjoyed the Ujirou story time.

Mitohime and Dainagon are sort of heroes to us and we don't know how strong we will be this season...

I feel like story team will be creative with the execution of kills. Maybe thinking of it as murder is not what they are intending.

Kakita Ijiwaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Ijiwaru » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:21 pm

Doji Pheelyp
Taisa

Postby Doji Pheelyp » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:24 am

Courtier * Doji Innocent * Loyal

Doji Pheelyp
Taisa

Postby Doji Pheelyp » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:26 am

I agree that we should avoid any appearance of disloyalty to the imperial line, and that if anyone should be killed, it should be the Otomo.

Having said that, would it not be more prudent to save our own first before working to kill others?
Courtier * Doji Innocent * Loyal

TheItsyBitsySpider
Hohei

Postby TheItsyBitsySpider » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:37 am

Just pointing out, nothing in the rules does it say that choosing for a character to die means that YOUR clan has to cause the death. How they die is story teams decision. Now I am sure that if you WANTED a story you could ask and suggest one. If you wanted to save a crab and have a certain crane do it I am sure they will take that into account.

As a crane all I would do would be to slip a Oneyearu (the ronin that Seiken met in the second city) into my deck, win a kotei and then ask that they make One Eye kill the emerald champion in duel in front of Seiken, I'm sure they would LOVE to play with that idea.

You just have to be creative.

It's why the spider are planning to have a big bounty drive to kill the abbot with Susumu Naishi as technically it looks like the clan you kill with doesn't matter as all you are doing is choosing their fate, not how that fate plays out.

The one that has a cost is tainting, which has effects for everyone, including spider.
Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider Clan

Kakita Ijiwaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Ijiwaru » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:00 am

Return to “Fall 2015 Kotei”