Albuquerque, NM - Fall 2015

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Albuquerque, NM - Fall 2015

Postby Kakita Shiro » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:12 pm

I took the again, this time with different tweaks based on my experience at Killington.
-2 Alliance
-1 Counting House
-3 Nexus of Lies
+3 Shinsei's Last Hope Experienced
+2 Ominous Rumors
+1 The Hooded Ronin, Descendant of Shinsei ExperiencedCW (was about to be Togashi Yokuni, Kami XPCW, but I decided 17G for a 10HR guy was too risky even for all of his upside)
-3 Hidden Reserves
-1 In Stillness, Forge The Soul
+2 Accessible Terrain
+1 Awakened Naginata
+1 Rewards of Experience

0-0 Round 1, vs James Matthews (Phoenix/Izuna)
Tough match. I use Ominous to fetch Alliance, but it gets cancelled. I can't play multiple Meiko's, though I am able to use Price of Shame to keep him from gaining much Honor from his actions. Crosses on turn 6 with 2 Provinces remaining.

0-1 Round 2, Bye

1-1 Round 3, Carl Hernandez (Unicorn)
Out of Tuscon. I get two Akagi's out, each with Armor. He defends with a Moto Aikenro and shoots an Akagi with a Unholy Strike'd Ranged 3+2 to take one Akagi out. I zero out the Aikenro's Force just in case, and go home sad. I buy Tamektaka. He attacks again with an Infantry guy and a Cavalry guy so I defend with Tametaka and save my province. I take, he takes, I take 2 with Tonfajutsu, he turtles, I go all in and out-Force his army by a bazillion thanks to Team Force Jab.

Lunch @ Wrex
New Mexico diner-type establishment across the street from the Kotei venue. Green chile breakfast burrito was surprisingly large, but I gutted out the win. Shiro 1, Burrito 0.

2-1 Round 4 Ed Ostling, Lion/Kagako
His economic development stalls after turn 3, I'm able to get sweet gold and Alliance into play. He is forced to spend one turn buying a Walking The Way and a Sparrow Clan Aide to mount a reasonable defense and is unable to buy a Personality. I capitalize and dishonor that guy, though he is able to escape a terrible fate. He ends a turn at 39 and has no Open gains, so I get more guys. He is able to mount a passable defense, but it's not enough; I wait out his actions until he plays Encircled and boosts an Ancestor's Force, which I use my last Rewards of Experience on and then boost a 5F unit to 7 and win.

3-1 Round 5 Mike Clarke(?), Scorpion/Hisako
He came all the way from Thunder Bay, Ontario, which wrecks any chance I had at a Furthest Traveled prize (there wasn't one anyway) but I forgive him. After he explains how his Sensei works, we play. I have his best guys too, and none of his blank guys. Two fully loaded (Sword, Sword, Armor) Akagis and a Tametaka break through and in the final turn he names a card that isn't Rewards of Experience and I Rewards his guys all day.

The Floor Rules stipulate a Top 4 for the attendance, but the TO allowed the attendees to vote- without knowing their official standings- on whether or not to have a Top 8 instead. Everyone but the four 4-1 players voted on a Top 8 so Top 8 it is. I'm in the cut! 3rd in Swiss even!

Top 8, Tim Casey Phoenix/Izuna
Worst game all day. Gold is stunted at 15 and he rockets up to 28 before I can even mount an attack. I don't even take a Province until after he crosses. Despite that, we had a lot of fun playing the match so that takes the sting out of it.
Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

MirumotoDaisuke
Shireikan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Albuquerque, NM - Fall 2015

Postby MirumotoDaisuke » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:18 pm

Carl is from the Tucson playgroup.
Dragon Clan • Artisan • Friend to the Crane • Samurai • Conqueror • Duelist • Kensai

Return to “Fall 2015 Kotei”