Crane (Phoenix)

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Seba_stian
Hohei
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Crane (Phoenix)

Postby Seba_stian » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:06 am

It's my first post so hello everybody ;)
Here is my Crane deck (with Phoenix Splash) and I would like to know your opinion.
I've played it a bit already but without Phoenix Splash ;)
Thx for any comments.

Shizuka Toshi
Keeper of Water

Provinces:
Elemental Fury × 1
Entrenched Position × 1
Meditations on the Tao × 1
Shameful Display × 1
The Art of Peace × 1

Dynasty:
Asahina Artisan × 3
Brash Samurai × 3
Cautious Scout × 3
Daidoji Nerishma × 3
Doji Challenger × 1
Doji Hotaru × 3
Doji Whisperer × 3
Guest of Honor × 3
Kakita Asami × 2
Kakita Kaezin × 2
Keeper Initiate × 3
Miya Mystic × 2
Savvy Politician × 3
Artisan Academy × 3
Imperial Storehouse × 3

Conflict:
Above Question × 2
Fine Katana × 2
Magnificent Kimono × 3
Ornate Fan × 2
Seeker of Knowledge × 1
Steward of Law × 3
Admit Defeat × 2
Assassination × 2
Banzai! × 3
Court Games × 3
Display of Power × 3
For Shame! × 3
Noble Sacrifice × 3
Outwit × 2
Voice of Honor × 3
Way of the Crane × 3

Kakita Onimaru
Site Admin

Re: Crane (Phoenix)

Postby Kakita Onimaru » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:32 am

Hello!

If I were to build things, here is what I would change.

1. Rally to the Cause instead of Elemental Fury. Unless you really need a ring for some reason. Being able to switch a the conflict type can be devastating

2. Way too many holdings. I wouldn't put more than 4 in there, and even then I personally prefer Favorable Ground to the storehouse.

3. Only one copy of Doji Challenger makes me sad :( I really enjoy her versatility, especially when she is honored.

4. I personally never play Above Question. Not many of our characters are so critical that they must be defended (unless you end building a super unit) and there are relatively few events that target an opponents character that is worth worrying about
If you're having Crane problems I feel bad for you son,
I've got 99 problems but a duel ain't one!

Dare
Daimyo

Postby Dare » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:07 am

Kakita Onimaru
Site Admin

Postby Kakita Onimaru » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:49 am

I dont really care about any of those situations, Dare. No one can dishonor my Champ faster than I can re-honor her and assassination has never killed anyone important. If I didn't want any of these to happen I have 6 counter-spells and 3x characters who negate anything I dont want. Relatively speaking, Above Question is just taking up space from better cards.

As for Kaezin, his duel does suck, but I like his stats. 3/2 with 2 glory can get some work done. I wouldn't scoff at putting him at 2x in a deck
If you're having Crane problems I feel bad for you son,
I've got 99 problems but a duel ain't one!

Seba_stian
Hohei

Postby Seba_stian » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:12 pm

Thx all ;)
After rethinking you have right ;) So my few changes are:

Provinces:
Rally to the Cause +1
Elemental Fury -1

Dynasty:
Kakita Kaezin - 1
Artisan Academy - 1
Imperial Storehouse -1
Doji Challenger +2
Favorable Ground +1

Conflict:
Above Question -2
and here I'm not sure
Fine Katana +1
Ornate Fan +1
or
Outwit +1
Ornate Fan +1

What do you think? :D

Return to “Decks and Strategies”