Kakita Yuri (Crane Character)

Masters of the Court spotlights the Crane Clan’s skilled Duelists, their well-spoken Courtiers, and their ability to lock down their opponents with powerful conflict cards.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Kakita Yuri (Crane Character)

Postby Kakita Shiro » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:10 am

Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Kakita Toroda
Nikutai
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Kakita Yuri (Crane Character)

Postby Kakita Toroda » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:17 am

Oh, this card is juicy. Do i read that right- we can stop lion, crab and unicorn from declaring their primary mil conflict every second round and their second military conflicts each round? Or take a lot of honor from them for the privilege to play their deck?
I see a lot more ctm in our future. Or he will join guest of honor on the restricted list...
Last edited by Kakita Toroda on Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:46 am

Seems like Yuri is only good if his controller is the first player, and the opponent doesn't have a political powerhouse on the table at all. Reasonable target for a Kakita Blade.
Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Masashigi
Chui

Postby Masashigi » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:02 am

Subpar stats for the Slot, but with an amazing ability, more amazing against some clans than others. Yuri is interesting, when you are first player he can warp the entire turn by himself. Your opponent either eats an unopposed or knows they lose their Mil conflict for the turn if they defend. That is really strong. However, I think he is stronger as 2nd player. When you are 2nd with him sitting on the table it forces your opponent to make a hard choice, do I declare my military now and go all in to win it, or do I declare my Political conflict now, risk losing my mil conflict to a Yuri defense, or do I pass my first conflict and then Yuri is going to smash my face on Political. If they declare their military they are going to have to go all in to win it, as its likely the only conflict they have a chance of winning that turn, which means you can bleed them on the over commit of characters, conflict cards, and other actions. I think he is a great 2x pick for the slot and shouldn't be leaving decks anytime soon.

Return to “Masters of the Court”