A Proposal: Alliance with the Unicorn

Casual conversations about anything you want!
Doji Satevis
Chui
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Crane Paths and Kotei Choices

Postby Doji Satevis » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:29 pm

Speaking of the Unicorn! -- and, amusingly, tying well with a notion I was playing with over the weekend, and commentary on moving Crane forward -- the Unicorn paths are up.

I would propose (pending our own paths? depending on how long they take to be posted?) that if at all possible we bring up the possibility of an alliance with the Unicorn. And look, there it is as their second path possibility. Pending our own path choices, I may even suggest a hybridizing of our goals and those of the Unicorn, depending on the Unicorn choice.

No, hear me out.

I've posted on the forum about the need for the Crane to innovate and push Rokugani culture forward as they did before, to make use of their social, political and artistic skills to do so -- and, as the world comes crashing down, the Crane are and can (and will!) be a potential cultural storehouse exceeded by none other in the Empire, poised to rebuild. But the Crane are not a militaristic Clan, and let us be honest, compared to some others we will be vulnerable during Jigoku's reign. But so will be the masses of peasants, merchants and others on whose backs the Crane artistic and economic machine is built. And the Crane will hard-pressed (again) to protect its own people.

An alliance with the Unicorn -- to protect, to preserve, to adapt, people and culture both -- would make a chance, a good chance I feel, for there to be that opportunity to rebuild and evolve. There needs to be something, someone left after the killing is over, and the Crane and Unicorn would complement each other ideally in that goal.

"Be more concerned with good actions than with great ones."

Martino
Taisa
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Martino » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:37 pm

I like this idea. I like it a lot. If a Story Team member sees this, what could we do to create an incentive for the Unicorn to pick us? We would need for there to be concrete in-setting costs and benefits of this alliance for both clans, explicitly set out prior to anyone voting.

Who else thinks this could be cool?

Doji Satevis
Chui

Postby Doji Satevis » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:52 pm

Doji Satevis
Chui

Postby Doji Satevis » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:01 pm

Fair enough, but the Crane base itself should also make an effort to outline possible benefits and hindrances for such a thing as well -- on the one hand, to catch the interest of the Story Team, on the other the Unicorn themselves *g*

I would be a poor source for a third-path style suggestion if I could not elaborate on the idea at least a little, I would say!

Martino
Taisa

Postby Martino » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:23 pm

Well one thing we should try to offer is a suitable husband for Moto Naleesh who would not suggest such blasphemy as the Soul of Shinjo leaving her clan. From a story viewpoint, ensuring that their next Clan Champion can draw the political resources of the Crane would have value, and from a mechanical standpoint they stand to gain an experienced version of one of our characters (they saw how this works firsthand when Yasamura married O-Ushi).

Doji Satevis
Chui

Postby Doji Satevis » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:26 pm

Martino
Taisa

Postby Martino » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:29 pm

I think our best offer would be Daidoji Tametaka, for these reasons:

1. He is a seasoned soldier, which the Unicorn respect and value.

2. He is our most accomplished commander, which shows the Unicorn that we mean business.

3. He has experience outside the Empire, which would serve him well understanding their own history.

Doji Satevis
Chui

Postby Doji Satevis » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:10 pm

Martino
Taisa

Postby Martino » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:18 pm

Well whoever we offer needs to be important. We probably shouldn't offer to let Doji Makoto leave us, and I doubt a cursed Kakita artisan appeals to them. I'm open to ideas.

MirumotoDaisuke
Shireikan

Postby MirumotoDaisuke » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:22 pm

Doji Azai mentioned that your champion is in fact married (and I believe with children), so no risk there.

What about one of the duelists brothers? Unicorn don't really have a dueling tradition and could use a duelists to help them out.
Dragon Clan • Artisan • Friend to the Crane • Samurai • Conqueror • Duelist • Kensai

Return to “General Discussion”