Another Way - Proposals for Alternate Story Paths

Casual conversations about anything you want!

Choose your path!

Poll ended at Thu May 28, 2015 2:05 pm

Alliance With The Unicorn/Safehold
No votes
Endure the Occupation
6%
The Path of Compassion
3%
Walking The Earth
No votes
Guard The Way
No votes
We Can Rebuild
No votes
The Path of Creation
6%
Blossoms In The Wind
No votes
Honorable Hostages
6%
The Left Hand's Duty
79%

Total votes: 33

AsahinaD
Nikutai
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Another Way - Proposals for Alternate Story Paths

Postby AsahinaD » Fri May 15, 2015 5:16 pm

Hmm... Compassion... Let's protect the Mantis, the Sparrow, the people the Unicorn want, various other minor clans.... and when the enemy is in our door destroying anything that makes us Crane we will just ask for compassion.

I didn't suggest attacking the Mantis, but avoiding overextending ourselves, especially since we cannot even seem to be able to cover far more important things in our choices.

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Fri May 15, 2015 6:02 pm

Right, I'm not saying we should protect anyone but ourselves and artisans. Compassion just means we don't kick them when they're down.
Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

MirumotoDaisuke
Shireikan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby MirumotoDaisuke » Fri May 15, 2015 6:14 pm

Tell that to Kakita Shinichi... :(
Dragon Clan • Artisan • Friend to the Crane • Samurai • Conqueror • Duelist • Kensai

Asahina Shimato
Chui

Postby Asahina Shimato » Fri May 15, 2015 8:12 pm

Shinichi is, by his own admission, just a student. He has so much to learn still, maybe he should get a copy of "Failure - My Sensei." I heard it's really good.

Doji Honshingen
Chui

Postby Doji Honshingen » Sat May 16, 2015 3:14 am

The hordes of Jigoku assail Rokugan, a new dark emperor claims the throne. The Iweko Dynasty that came to power through the blessing of the celestial heavens, seems to have lost that favor, or how else could this crisys have happened? How could the chosen of the heavens be left with no answer to this attack, how could they loose their empire so fast?
And what should the Crane Clan do, the protectors of the heart of Rokugan, who stand for culture, art, and everything that is good and honorable? The answer seems clear. The Lady Doji herself seems to be speakting through the centuries: "Be more concerned with good actions than with great ones."
I propose the following: the Crane Clan should oppose the Darkness, but not attack headfirst. Insted, the Clan should concentrate on the things it is good at, giving all honorable and true Rokugani a rally point, and perhaps even a strong and pure leader that has the economic and political power of the Crane Clan behind him. We know how to defend against impossible odds, and in our long and proud History have kept the two strongest military clans at bay as they tried to destroy our Clan. We will give all enemies of Darkness a basis from which they can oppose the forces of Jigoku. We will save all that makes up Rokugan, its culture, its good people, and most importantly, the honor of the Empire.
If we do this and keep the honor and soul of the Empire alive, the Heavens will certainly give their favor to us and our allies, and with that favor, we shall first save and then build up the Empire again, perhaps even better and more magnificent than before.

In contrast to the proposed "Safehold" option, I would emphasize that we should gather the other clans that want to oppose Kanpeki, and also take a leading role in that league of true Rokugani. In the crane lands, we can keep courtly life and culuture alive, while still standing clearly against Jigoku instead of running away. Such a path would bring all of our strenghts together: strong single combatants as leaders/champions for the pure forces (duelists), the brokers of the alliance and administrators of the league (courtiers), and defenders of our own lands (Daidoji).
The cost would be high, all of Kanpeki's forces would see us as enemies, and we would have to spent lots of favors and koku to help other pure Clans and bind them to our common cause.
Soul of Doji Honshi

Daidoji Tacticus
Daimyo

Postby Daidoji Tacticus » Sat May 16, 2015 3:16 am

Can I interest you in ?
Ceterum autem censeo Otomines esse delendam.

Player of Asahina Umeko at Winter Court IV

Doji Honshingen
Chui

Postby Doji Honshingen » Sat May 16, 2015 7:57 am

That path seems indeed quiete similar, but I think it is important to emphasize that the Crane Clan should be in the center of such a alliance. Your proposal somehow sounds like we would be the ones serving the others so they can achieve something great, and we don't get anything really cool for our own clan. Thats why I included the idea of the Crane leading the pure/honorable alliance, with the possible option to supply it with a leader (this could be addressed by a later vote, but if we were successful, why not propose a Crane Emperor if the Iweko fall/fail? One can dream ;)).
Soul of Doji Honshi

Daidoji Tacticus
Daimyo

Postby Daidoji Tacticus » Sat May 16, 2015 8:01 am

We can't have it all, is the thing. Sacrifices have to be made. And in terms of plausibility, I have significant doubts that the Lion and Crab (who would be the military backbone of such a coalition, at least until Kanpeki snaps them like twigs) would accept leadership from a Crane, however prettily we talked.
Ceterum autem censeo Otomines esse delendam.

Player of Asahina Umeko at Winter Court IV

Doji Honshingen
Chui

Postby Doji Honshingen » Sat May 16, 2015 12:09 pm

At least we should include the champions idea, IMHO. That would put our Duelists in the focus, who are seen as a very important crane archetype by a lot of people (in my impression).
Plus, you have to give the crane playerbase a good reason to like this path over the 3 others. It simply has to sound cool, so that people vote for it :)
Soul of Doji Honshi

Doji Makoto
Taisa

Postby Doji Makoto » Sat May 16, 2015 12:19 pm

The path is trying to focus on duelists - they will form some sort of "commandos", venturing to the enemy teritorry and saving what needs to be saved.

EDIT: Taken directly from the path proposal: "while dispatching elite units of Daidoji scouts and Kakita duelists on key missions to strike at the forces of Jigoku, defend areas of cultural and political import, and guard Crane emissaries and magistrates as they strive to maintain order and unity"
"I am sure this will be a most interesting year."

Return to “General Discussion”