Another Way - Proposals for Alternate Story Paths

Casual conversations about anything you want!

Choose your path!

Poll ended at Thu May 28, 2015 2:05 pm

Alliance With The Unicorn/Safehold
No votes
Endure the Occupation
6%
The Path of Compassion
3%
Walking The Earth
No votes
Guard The Way
No votes
We Can Rebuild
No votes
The Path of Creation
6%
Blossoms In The Wind
No votes
Honorable Hostages
6%
The Left Hand's Duty
79%

Total votes: 33

Daidoji Maseru
Nikutai
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Another Way - Proposals for Alternate Story Paths

Postby Daidoji Maseru » Thu May 21, 2015 3:44 pm

After reading the new version of Left Hand's Duty, I'm still convinced that To Do What We Must is the best course of action. The biggest reason is that Left Hand's Duty is too spread out, its taking To Do What We Must (the notion that we stay and fight) and adding a few more steps down the road. I am for it as a goal, but not as a first step without knowing what exactly is coming. As for 'defensive' vs 'offensive', there is nothing in To Do What We Must that states we will go on the offensive, simply that the resisting clans will need a unifying force. They are asking us to be the lead heroes in the story. I would rather not pigeonhole ourselves with one strategy before details come in (details that may reveal themselves for the second and third votes). Just something to consider.
Case Lopez / Daidoji Maseru
Collector of Ujis
To Do What We Must

Asahina Genichi
Hohei
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Asahina Genichi » Thu May 21, 2015 4:57 pm

Crane Clan * Shugenja * Monk * Duelist * Tactician * Sohei

Repeatable Interrupt: After a card is targeted, bow a spell to raise or lower the target's force by the spell's gold cost.

"The Daidoji are not the only defenders of the Doji."

Kakita Kasukaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Kasukaru » Thu May 21, 2015 9:14 pm

Maseru-san, I believe this poll is just to thin out our options for a fan based path and not the final vote about official paths vs. fan based. Unless I misunderstood something. The choice between fan based and official ones will come later and involve an IA membership vote.
Kakita Kasukaru
RPG mostly / French * Greece

Daidoji Tacticus
Daimyo

Postby Daidoji Tacticus » Thu May 21, 2015 10:24 pm

Ceterum autem censeo Otomines esse delendam.

Player of Asahina Umeko at Winter Court IV

Kakita Mitsuhide
Gunso

Postby Kakita Mitsuhide » Fri May 22, 2015 2:02 am

I'd put them into courtiers but you're right I should have added them. That's still 4/5 different design themes that's part of Crane as it is without including generic defensive military shenanigans from the Iron Crane stuff. We don't need to have Ninja's as well.

Kakita Kasukaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Kasukaru » Wed May 27, 2015 5:24 am

Not sure if 23 votes is enough, but it's more than all the others together. Should we send this to AEG, as suggested in the other Path thread?
Kakita Kasukaru

Daidoji Reiji
Chui

Postby Daidoji Reiji » Wed May 27, 2015 5:27 am

I think the Phoenix got theirs approved with less than 50 by emailing Dave for approval
Crane Clan · Samurai · Yojimbo · Tactician

I was Ikoma Shinju at WC3, Daidoji Reiji at WC4
Top 8, Richmond VA Kotei 2015
Top 8, Charlotte NC Kotei 2015

Kakita Kasukaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Kasukaru » Wed May 27, 2015 5:31 am

Good to know. I also think that all Imperial Assembly memberships will be reset in 4 days, which means we'll have to pay next week to vote, in principle. At least that's what I heard in the Strange Assembly Podcast.

Although, tbh, my subscription says:
Clan subscription - Date end
Crane - 2016-01-00
Kakita Kasukaru

Daidoji Reiji
Chui

Postby Daidoji Reiji » Wed May 27, 2015 5:34 am

I hope not, considering I just paid $30 a month ago to renew mine. If so I'll be extremely ticked
Crane Clan · Samurai · Yojimbo · Tactician

I was Ikoma Shinju at WC3, Daidoji Reiji at WC4
Top 8, Richmond VA Kotei 2015
Top 8, Charlotte NC Kotei 2015

Kakita Kasukaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Kasukaru » Wed May 27, 2015 5:37 am

I don't think that's true for the recently renewed ones (this year), only the old pending ones which had remained unpaid forever because there was no content on IA.
Kakita Kasukaru

Return to “General Discussion”